Dear Pumpkins:
Due to the fact that today (Friday) will be a "day of rest" per se, I want to get some vital info dessimnated to you all now in case I don't have time in class. We may be hearing some OPs from the dirty slackers, and I don't want them to OFFICIALLY AND COMPLETELY RUN OUT OF TIME FOR OCCASIONAL PAPERS. Jerks. Moving on...
I have been feverishly thinking about the coming months and all of the things I want to teach you, in addition to all of the OTHER things I have to teach you in order to prep for the Exam. For me, this is a daunting task because it directly depends on multitasking and time-management skills, neither of which are my forte. Therefore, in addition to the ongoing questions I post for you on Sunday nights, I am also going to use this blog as a mode of communication for things we don't always have time for in class. A lot of the AP practice stuff is going to be your responsibility to do at home, while class time will be devoted to answering questions about practice stuff, learning tricks to memorize concepts and most of all, critically thinking about "things." These "things" will come in many forms: social issues, personal stuff, building confidence and most of all...learning about yourselves.
So, as you all know, in the coming month(s), you will be doing speeches and public debating. Speeches will come first, as doing them will directly impact the development of your style of debating. So, what I would like you to do over the course of the next few days is to THINK. I want you to spend some quality time ruminating on what is important to you. In class, we briefly discussed this, and many of you said things that were important, but as Matt Capone said, probably aren't the real causes you want to champion. That is what I want you to think about very carefully. What cause DO you want to champion? What MATTERS to you? Think hard about this, because you will be making a (hopefully) impassioned speech about what you decide. Think and think and think. Discuss with friends, teachers and parents about it. Arm yourself with knowledge about whatever it is. And get ready to have some fun.....
Til we meet again....love yas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment