Hello, puppets. *evil laugh*
Well, it's finally here. June 16th has brought about the end of sitting at desks, gripping pencils, and working furiously at your homework well past your intended bedtimes. I believe this school year has treated us all well enough, despite its ups and downs. Still, everyone needs a hiatus. A break, if you will. And so the worrying about school has ended. However, for some of you, this end is just a beginning.
I expect many of you will be finding plenty of ways to fill up your summer time with tasks you'd rather not be doing, for the greater good. Many of you will be getting summer jobs, be they retail, lifeguarding, or something altogether different. Almost all of us will have summer homework to deal with. I'm sure these things are only the start of what you have planned for the months ahead.
I want to help you dig a bit deeper than that, though. It'd be simple to give your plans for the summer. If you place those shackles on yourself now, though, you may regret it later. What is it that you want to do this summer? Does it conflict with what you intend to do? If so, are there any ways you could reorganize yourself to fit in what you want? Give us a day in your summer life, if everything were to go perfectly. Remember, summer will fly by before you even get to enjoy it if you don't take charge.
(350 words/70pts)
19 comments:
One word: Party!
Enough said.
Hope everyone has a great summer!!
Yeah-I'm THAT person who still checks the blog.
I just wanna say, everyone already knows what I WANT to do, and how it most definitely conflicts with what i'll actuualllllly do, but I'm sure I can fit D.O.T. sometime during my summer. =)
Seeya Later guysss!
I guess no one else realized this was posted by Brendan and not Bunje.
Oh wow. Wow. Kudos Brendan.
I TOTALLY fell for that.
Yes, Brendan, kudos. At first I actually thought Bunje posted a blog for us, but then you wrote "puppets" instead of "poppets" and the name tag at the end, but, hey, nice try. :)
i was so excited i first that there was another post, and then i thought it was one. Man, i had no idea! Brendan nice job.
Brendan, you scared the heck out of me! I thought this was a surprise final or something. But, I have to say it was very clever! You're style of writing even sounded a bit like Bunje's. Well, to answer your question, I am trying to figure out how on earth I am supposed to sign up for volunteering at ACRMC. I've done it before, but never online. Oh well, I'll find it eventually. Thanks Brendan, this did put a smile on my face.
I wasn't trying to fool anyone. That's why I said puppets and had an evil laugh.
But no, I was hoping maybe some people would actually respond with a normal blog post, just for old times sake.
i'm getting a puppy. nuff said!
soccer soccer soccer soccer soccer soccer soccer soccer soccer soccer soccer soccer soccer soccer soccer soccer soccer soccer soccer soccer soccer soccer soccer soccer soccer soccer soccer soccer soccer soccer soccer soccer soccer soccer soccer
yup. that's about it.
wow brendan. your a genius dude i fell for that.
Brendan, I appreciate your effort. =] I realize you weren’t trying to trick anybody and although I did really believe it was a Bunj post for a minute, I love that you thought to put it in the classic format. I particularly like the (350 words/70 points) bit. =] I think I even met the word count, haha.
What I need out of my summer: to get another job, to make some MAJOR decisions about my future, to completely redo my senior schedule and get/complete all the summer work that goes with those revisions. I need to adjust to the idea that the people I saw myself spending the summer with just a few short months ago no longer want me in the vicinity, and I have to legitimize that I feel the same way. I also plan to take a science class at ACCC.
What I want out of my summer: I want to stop biting my nails. I want to overcome my fears. I want to re-network. I want to make friends who will love me no matter who I’m dating, and I want to have fun this summer and let loose a little bit. I want to take my free time to brush up on my ASL and to read a lot of books I’ve been putting off. I want to stay out of my house as much as is humanly possible, and I want to define accessible goals, and then set out to reach them. I want to redefine myself and figure out who I want to be, and then I want to proceed to be that person.
Organization isn’t really the problem here, you see. I am in my own way, fighting myself every step for the things I want to achieve, and it’s getting quite obnoxious. My perfect day is hard to delineate because if my summer is perfect, each day will be different; One day on the beach, one day in a pool, one day sitting in Borders listening to open mike poetry, etc. My perfect summer is variable and changing and renewing, and I hope I change and renew with it.
Don't worry Meg Song, I'm that person who actually took ten minutes and did it. =P
It's a true sign that I've spent too much time on the internet. I notice one small problem, and I instantly look at the poster to see if it's a troll.
I think it's a sign I should go outside. Have a good summer everyone.
HEY. I was tricked for like 1 minute, til I saw the name. I just wanted to answer ANYWAYS matt. Jeez.
Ash - I'm volunteering at a hospital too, AtlanticCare Mainland Hospital in Galloway! =) If I get what I want, I'll be singing to patients there, which will hopefully make them feel better, and get happy. (Unless they think I sound like crap, then whatev. lol)
Fiona - When are we having another fiesta?!? =P
Just so you all know, I'm sitting here at home in the dark playing video games all summer.
All lonesome and quiet. My only friend being the cold, mechanical glow of the monitors. No friends to share good times with, no strangers to learn the lives of.
It's gonna be awesome.
Brendan you don't have to be alone! you can roll horde with Jose and i on malganis. He made a BE Pally and i made an UD rogue......this isn't weird
I could, but I got tired of WoW. Not to mention, I never liked horde. Blood elves bore me terribly and nobody else has paladins.
That bonus to disenchanting does help me play the market, though.
okay, the boys lost me right there. Meg, I think we girls should do something soon. Got some talking to do, lol. ;P Like a Fiesta/ChatFest/WhatAreWeTellingOurParentsThisTime, haha! When it gets sunny again, for sure.
Post a Comment