As promised, no deep mysteries to uncover this week. Which, truth be told, I'm a little vexed by because I thought of something I really wanted to talk to you guys about. But....I am a woman of integrity, which means I never go back on my word so...we shall save provocative discourse for next week.
This week, your collective patience will be tested, if not your intellect, with the annual HSPA exams. You will sit, sequestered in a room with folks you may or may not like, answering inane questions that you knew the answers to at the tender age of 9, for a couple hours at a time. Yuck.
I, not to be outdone, will be proctoring the S-Test. Double Yuck.
So, my thoughts are these: it is possible our nerves may be frazzled at some point during all this excitement,and we may need an outlet with which to vent our ire, frustrations and cumulative disgust. What better place than our family blog? We may delight in the hilarity of individual experience, lament the anxiety or simply commiserate.
It's here if you need it.
See you soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
32 comments:
This really proves how much i miss school. i wish i could just feel better!
SNOW DAYYYYY =DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
yessssssss!
Snow!
Snow!
Snow!
Snow!
Snow!
Snow!
SNOW!SNOW!SNOW!SNOW!SNOW!
So, can i say that math HSPA testing is the biggest joke ever. I mean seriously a seven year old could do it and pass. Everyone took it and, if you remember, for one of the questions, they told you the formula, how to use it, and practically what values to plug in. this is ridiculous and a complete waste of time. With that said, there were one or two redeeming qualities that are brought about because of the simplicity of this test: One is the ability to proofread, but with it comes the not -so-helpful seconding guessing yourself syndrome (yes, i was under its control, grrh!) and the second is catching up on lost sleep. Well that's all for now..
Wow, i just read my semi-rant and it sounds awfully cocky, sigh...sorry :(
I totally agree. I tried to knit after I was done, but for some reason they wouldn't let me. "You're not supposed to be working on anything except the test." They said. Never mind that it took no time at all to finish.
I guess it almost makes sense, if you assume that I'm some kind of super-spy who was sent from Mars to steal the HSPA test. I could be recording all the answers, with a double-stitch for the answer "A" and a single for the answer "C." Great logic, if you happen to be barking mad. I think whoever designed the test must be. This is more like the old Terra Nova test they gave us way-back-when.
Welllll, seeing as i am terribly bad at math, i got caught up on a few of the questions. A lot of the things I just recently learned in Algebra II literally 3 weeks ago. I hate math with a passion and i am sooooo not taking it next year. I know the 'language arts' test will be much easier for me, though i also do not look forward to writing those essays. I remember the last two i wrote about a gay man named Dolce who was struggling with AIDS and something about Mexicans crossing the border. haha, give the test correctors something to laugh at!
Anyway, so I'm pretty sure every school is supposed to give HSPA's at the same time.... what gives BUENA?!!? Why do they get a second snow day! No fair ):
I must say, I did have a fabulous snow day, hope you all did too ! (:
I wrote "Jason is an idiot, and the guy running the booth needs to stop being a cheap bastard."
And I'm calling out Abby here. She gave me a welt with a rubber band.
/rant
Hm... the math was pretty easy... But me, being the ever great direction reader I am, decided not to find the length but rather the area... lol XDDD luckily, I was able to erase all of that and finish up what we were supposed to do with 15 minutes to spare. I wonder why they give us such a long time to do 12 problems at a time? o.o;;;
To Matt: Yeah, you're right. They kinda just told us everything we needed and all we had to do was plug it in. lol XDDD
To Eva: Le gasp!!! That's a brilliant plan!! Let's try it out!! lol XDD jk but still, that would be funny if we were allowed to try it out and see what happens.
Ummm hi. I umm, well gee..not sure if we've met before..but my name is MS BUNJE AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT MATH ON OUR BLOG????? Ewwwwwww!!!! OMG, my head hurts now.
Sorry 'bout that Ms. Bunje. It won't ever happen again. I promised. I hope you can accept my apology and promise that the subject-that-must-not-be-named will never be uttered by me on this blog again, especially since I started this conversation. But look to the bright side tomorrow and Thursday are language so the convos will be on your favorite topic. but once again truly sorry
Well, today was "ehhh..." there is little emotion attached to it in general. The strongest feeling that shows on the radar screen is "?!?" to dear old Mr. A - my pre-calc teacher who decides to give us a take home quiz due friday. What joy. Other than that, one long head ache.
Ehhh...
Alison B
I usually hate picture prompts, but today's was fine. Don't know why...
...maybe the fact that I wrote about zombies had something to do with it.
Nah...can't be.
Let me tell you something. I love snow, I really do. But I have snow when you have to drive in it. My driveway isn’t paved, and it is a butt. And my driveway is super long, which makes it work. So I call my mom today as I am driving home from swimming, illegal I know, but I did it. And I asked her how/where I should park in the driveway. And she proceeded to say, “BOB! WHERE SHOULD MOLLY PARK?” after the debate, my mom said, I will park it for you. So I pulled in, my mom waiting on the porch, and she got in the car. I waited outside, freezing, watching her struggle to park my car, and after a bit, she finally parked it. So I hate the struggle of the snow. But I do love it.
I also hate getting snow in your uggs.
My mom has yet to find out that I baby-hit my car on a tree, pulling out of Jesse’s stupid driveway.!
So, I was wondering whether or not anyone had there girl for the picture prompt survive? Because from what i have gathered she died in everyone's story.
*******************************************************
Oh, and by the way, Meg Song would like me to remind all of 9/10 to bring in food for Friday. Why she couldn't say that herself I don't know, but there you have it, public service announcement from Meg Song via her secretary Matt W.
Matt, my girl didnt die in the prompt today ...
Hi.
I have a rant.
I don't like boys who act like they are girls.
And I don't like the HSPA. It's giving me A.D.D.
:)
Love, Hilary
I have a rant.
I miss my kids. :(
I hate HSPA testing because it throws off my mojo.
I am proctoring a test for sophomores and some of them are cute and some of them are jerkfaces.
My room is cold because..I don't know why.
I need warm weather to live, man. I'm like a flower!
That's all. :(
Love,
Bunje
I have an announcement as well! Tomorrow, we decided to designate period 9.10 and 12 as HSPA recovery party day extrordinaire. And that's cool, so go ahead and bring food and everything. BUT, we are still going to have to continue with speeches so we can finish up. Fun as it was, the snow day screwed us a little in terms of scheduling, so we have to move it along. It will still be a relaxed and low-key day, but it won't be a free period.
See you soooooooonn!!!!!!!
I hope my HSPA doesn't get voided. After yesterday's persuasive essay, I made a 2-page rant about the HSPA and how much of a joke it is. And I made sure to make a side-note after the essay today as well. Of course I noted that they didn't have to read it, but I'm sure they get bored of reading the same shit over and over again. And am I allowed to curse when I rant.. because I did that, too.
Dear Blog,
I have a rant.
I am sick and would've not come to school today if it weren't for HSPA's.
Until a friend gave me some tylenol to bring down my fever, I was shaking so hard my back hurt.
Goddamn HSPA's wasting my life and making me sick.
Also, Jen, (and Maegan too, since she did the same thing) you make me laugh. :D I hope your test isn't voided either. That would not make me laugh.
Love, Fiona
Feel like throwing my three cents in. One, HSPA's a joke. I started doodling evil teddy bears today instead of the essay. Not after, instead of. And I still finished with fifteen minutes to spare. :P
And two, even old people who play warcraft agree. (Old guy in my Guild) Said they gave the essays, without the prompts, to a bunch of college kids and they still mostly passed. Not sure how reliable he is, but somehow I don't doubt it at all somehow.
-Danny P: Out.
Jordan always has to throw his TWO cents in.
I agree hspa is a joke. It just reinforced the idea that we are smarter than apparently most of new jersey. Well at least I am, idk if everyone else feels that way.
Actually in all honesty I just wanted to a reason to say I am smarter than most of new jersey. Not really a rant. Or an opinion.
I HATE THE HSPA'S.
THEY ARE A WASTE OF MY TIME.
I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL WE GO TO FLORIDA NEXT WEEK!
WERE GONNA HAVE SO MUCH FUNNN!!!
-CARLY
Yeah FLORIDAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think I will hibernate so that bitch mode doesn’t set in. I am SIKED! However, I don’t know what I am going to do without Mr. Cohen and Hearn!
i drew a funny picture on my test :)
the scorers should enjoy it!
it looked something like this....
JUNIOR YEAR:
(HSPA)
0
0
( ) >:O !!!!!!
\|/
|
/ \
Good Luck.
Time to rant about my mother who would like me to be a nun. So hey guys, have you heard?! My mom wants me to be a NUN and wear a long-sleeve, totally non-exposed prom dress to prom. Oh, of course I WOULD have expected except for the fact that my petite little sister's prom dress was sleeveless and strapless. Oh hey, but since i'm obviously taller and have bigger boobs, aparently I can't wear one that's strapless. SORRY IM TALL AND HAVE A BODY. what the heck is this crap. i don't even know. but seriously, i swear...if i have to buy my own damn prom dress and change at prom, i am going to be very, very PISSED. (10x more than i am currently.) Oh so hey, now you know what I'm going to be when i grow up. a Nun. HAH....isn't that just lovely?
=]
oh and i forgot in my blog to mention - Ms. Bunjeeee, I didn't get an e-mail! =(
aw haha meg!!! you can change and i'll take pictures all night for you so your parents wont find out about your charade and youll still have pictures haha
Songbird...:(
Yeesh. I am not sure what to say about the prom dress :(
And I will resend the email... :(
Yeesh.
Mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
^That's all I have to say.
Jordan, I swear to the God I don't even believe in that you're trying to kill me.
Stop being conceited and cocky and obnoxious (cough GYM class sports cough) before I have to beat you up.
'Cause we've already established that I'm stronger than you and your water muscles. >:)
Post a Comment